Breast Lift Houston
A breast lift is a very common breast procedure performed in part of a mommy makeover by Dr. Paul Gill. At his practice in the Woodlands Texas, we see several patients from the Houston Woodlands and Conroe area who see changes in the breast cleavage and fullness due to the effects of aging, pregnancy, and weight loss. This is commonly caused by stretching of the breast ligaments during breast-feeding. Many women often develop breast asymmetry after pregnancy and breast feeding, as one breast may have fed more than the other. It is also very common for women to have baseline asymmetry in size and shape, for which Dr. Gill can discuss surgical improvement.
“Dr. Gill, Thank you for all that you have done for me. Never in a million years did I ever think I could feel and look this great! Thanks to you my lifelong dream has come true. I don’t cringe in front of the mirror anymore. I love what I see and I plan on keeping my new body in tip top shape. I love the fact that I can wear cute clothes, sundresses and spaghetti strap shirts. Clothes I could never wear before. I just wanted to let you know you have profoundly changed my life in so many ways. Thank you for making me the luckiest girl in the world!”
Individual results may vary
Dr. Gill will begin his consultation by taking time to understand your breast concerns and surgical goals. He will then perform a detailed exam to assess your breast size concerns, shape concerns, and degree of asymmetry. He will then discuss what surgery can realistically do to improve your breasts and give you a detailed plan of the procedure and your expected recovery.
In terms of breast lift options, Dr. Gill will discuss the following:
- Primary Breast Lift: This mommy makeover procedure is designed to simply reshape the existing breasts skin and soft tissues to provide improvement in the upper pole fullness/cleavage and position the nipples in a more central location in relation to the breast mound.
- Breast Lift with Auto-Augmentation: This mommy makeover procedure is designed to help women who have adequate breast tissue but the tissue is primarily in the lower half of the breast or the braline area. We use a special technique to preserve blood supply to this tissue and the overlying nipple. Dr. Gill then sutures this tissue to the upper pole of the breast creating fullness and cleavage like a breast implant would, hence the auto-augmentation technique. This is a wonderful technique that allows us to decrease the use of implants by recruiting healthy autologous to a more youthful position creating fullness and cleavage.
- Breast lift with Augmentation: In patients who do not have enough existing breast tissue in their braline or lower pole of the breast, an implant is often necessary to create upper pole fullness and cleavage. This also gives the patient an option to increase their breast size, in addition to optimizing upper pole fullness. There are several options to implants, and in patients seeking a breast lift with augmentation, Dr. Gill prefers to place smooth implants underneath the muscle to optimize blood supply and sensation to the nipple areola complex and to provide optimal protection to the implant.
Incision choices with breast lift surgery are based on the amount of loose skin that is present and the relationship of the nipple to the breast crease or inframammary fold
Dr. Gill will perform the following measurements to determine which breast lift will be optimal for your goals:
- distance from the nipple to the sternal notch
- distance from the nipple to the inframammary crease orinframammary fold
- distance between the two nipples
- skin pinch measurement to the upper and lower poles of the breast
- the relationship of the nipple to the inframammary fold in a profile view
After careful assessment of these measurements, Dr. Gill will assess how much loose skin is present and how high the nipple needs to be repositioned. He will then recommend one of the following breast lifts:
- Peri-areolar/Doughnut Breast Lift: This is reserved for patients who need lesson 2 cm of nipple lift. It is also known as a doughnut mastopexy because only skin around the areola is removed.
- Circumvertical or Lollipop Breast Lift: This is reserved for patients who need more than 2 cm but less than 6 cm of nipple lift for optimal reshaping.
- Wise Pattern or Anchor Incision Breast Lift: This is reserved for patients who need more than 6 cm of breast lift or nipple lift to obtain optimal aesthetics and contour.
Breast Lift Recovery
In general, breast lift recovery is very similar to breast augmentation recovery. If the patient seeking a mommy makeover, Dr. Gill finds that the majority of the recovery comes with the tummy tuck surgery and very little additional recovery is necessary for the breast lift. This is a reason why many women in the Houston, The Woodlands, and Conroe areas choose to combined breast enhancement procedures with a tummy tuck in the mommy makeover procedure. It offers one downtime/recovery and correction of the two areas most commonly affected by pregnancy.